Saturday, May 30, 2015

Waiting for my study section to meet

My study section meets on Monday to review the third submission of my R01 on my lab's main project.  When I think about it, I get this tightening in my stomach and feel like I can't breathe, so I thought I'd write a blog post about it. 

One thing that I thought might make me feel better was to look at the roster for the study section, which is posted around this time prior to the review.  I can identify one ideal reviewer who was probably brought on as an ad hoc reviewer specifically for my grant, but I have no idea who the other two reviewers would be.  So looking at the roster just made me more anxious. 

I don't really have much more to say except that if you feel this intense anxiety too while thinking about your grant reviews, you are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment